Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

STK Ta Bay! | Paolito's Seafood House

Friday, January 16, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments Category : , , , ,

"Sometimes even though you're having a good time, you can't help but to stop and think about how much you miss the old times."

Have you ever had that feeling of going back to the past and enjoy the good old times? Have you ever felt that sudden outburst of nostalgia? Have you ever tried working on something but couldn't do so because your mind was too occupied thinking of the things that have already happened? If you answered yes to those questions, man I gotta say we are in the same boat. (This is kinda the disclaimer part if I babble and burble in this post, I'll try not to.)

Anyhow, I just wanna share one of the good old times I had with my angels. This happened two days before the grandest festival in Cebu (you'll obviously see the festive setting in our pictures). The team wanted to chow down on seafood and various Filipino dishes so what came on top of the list? It's STK Ta Bay! Paolito's Seafood House.

STK Ta Bay! is a restaurant located at 6 Orchid St., Capitol Site, Cebu City. They have been in the business for already 12 years and they continue to offer good tasting dishes at an affordable price. Have a taste of their offerings in their business hours: 8am - 10pm.

The Place.
We arrived at around 5pm. They still accept walk-in customers but I highly suggest that you make a reservation (especially when you're with a bunch of people) if you don't want wasting time and waiting for them to get an available table for you.

STK is located in a secluded area so you might want to ask people around if you go there for the first time. It is next to Yayoy's Grill and the expansion is next to Bucket Shrimps. You can  also consider Hotel Asia as a landmark.


The Interior.
This place will surely keep those nostalgia flooding. It reminded me of good old Sundays spent listening to old songs (which my parents played, leaving us no choice), talking about the things that happened in the previous week and sharing a hearty meal (guess cheat day is really an old idea), a laid-back feeling you wouldn't want to miss.
They also have a wide collection of religious relics and antiques. It's as if I'm walking into a museum.




Oh, great. This Pomeranian was an additional attraction. I just fell in love with this dog.

The Menu.


Our Order.
Fried Shrimps w/ Garlic @ PHP 225
Hot and Spicy Calamares @ PHP 265
Tuna Belly @ PHP 200
Bam-i @ PHP 245
Fish Sinigang (2pcs) @ PHP 160
Shrimps in Palanggana @ PHP 250
Leche Flan Jumbo @ PHP 140
Most of their servings are good for 3-4 people. As far as I'm concerned, most of their dishes were able to satisfy my taste buds. I'm not really a fan of any sorts of pancit dishes but I could say that I personally like their bam-i, the texture of the vermicelli is quite comparable to that of chapchae. The springy texture and the rich sauce is perfect for me. I'm a bit disappointed with their tuna belly. I don't think I have an allergy to this food but my tongue felt a bit itchy when I ate it. Was it me or was the fish's freshness has something to do with it?

Our Moments.
Charmie's Angels: Get Some Action :)
Of course, they shouldn't miss the stairs... ^^
and the mirror shot!

The smiles of happy stomachs:D

At this time wherein finding fast foods and exquisite restaurants is as easy as counting one, two and three, I commend how STK continues its tradition of serving delish home-cooked foods at an affordable price. I'm pretty sure that their patrons (including our famous local celebrities) would agree to this thing. The ambiance of the place makes you feel relaxed, nostalgic and at the same time creating another wonderful moment to be cherished and treasured. We may miss the old times but there are always ways on how to relive them. Keep touching our hearts and filling our stomachs, STK!:)


Till next post, lovies. Ciao!

RELATED POSTS

0 comments