Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Saving My First Kiss: why i'm keeping confetti in my closet

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 Unknown 0 Comments Category : , , , ,

"Stop dreaming. Stop wanting. Wake up and do something. Perseverance is the sole key to turn your dreams and wants into reality."

#fresh from the oven :P
Hold on! The heading hasn't got anything to do with the book. It's just an overreaction of my experience before I actually got a hold of the book. Why? Here's why. The first time I saw this book was in National Bookstore a few years ago. My eyes set on the book because of the cover. I just found her pretty and yeah, quite mysterious. I was actually on the verge of buying it but backed out because of the title, I thought that it's another chick flick story and I didn't bother to read the blurb. Also, I was not really bookish at that time. Recently, I'm becoming more interested in books and I don't know why this book suddenly popped out of my mind again (the aftermath of unrequited love, blah^^). Then and then, I read the synopsis of the story, I read blogs, I read reviews (which are really positive) and found a good preview on Kilibro. Here's an excerpt from the book:
I hope and pray that my Prince Charming is out there somewhere. I don't think he has found me yet. Despite that fact, I am enjoying my time waiting for him, because I am convinced that he is worth waiting for (even if he is just a figment of my imagination).
As I wait for him, I am learning how to be the kind of woman whom he will be looking for. I am learning how to grow in grace, wisdom, strength, purity, and godly character. Slowly but surely I am working to become the woman that I want to be - the kind of woman whom the man of my dreams will fall madly in love with.
And it made me flush! So, I decided to buy one. I went to the nearest bookstore and unfortunately, it was nowhere to be found. I went to big bookstores, jumping from one place to another (bookstore hopping!), unfortunately, it was still nowhere to be found. After rummaging through those stores and I was kinda getting sick and tired of the same answer I got from the staff which was "out of stock", I was about to give up but then I don't know why I'm damn determined to have this book so I searched again for bookshops with the help of Mr. Google (a good help especially for me who is bad at directions, good luck!). At long last! My hands finally landed on this book. So, I think that explains my heading. Never give up, lovies!

By the way, I bought this copy at OMF Literature Inc., Banilad branch (next to Banilad Town Centre), Cebu City which only costs PHP 175.00. It's not really pricey for a well-received book. You better read this if, on one hand, you're still saving your first kiss. On the other hand, if you're doubtful because there's nothing to save, well, think again, I know that deep inside you're still saving your first true love's kiss. Smiley

OMF Lit Bookshop - Banilad
Gov. M. Cuenco Ave. cor El Dorado Subdivision, Banilad, Cebu City, 6000, Cebu
(032) 346 7142 omflit.com

Till next post, lovies. Ciao!

RELATED POSTS

0 comments